Junior Investment Analyst
- Fulltime job
- Den Haag
- Risk Management
Are you the Investment Analyst that would like to optimize the investments on balance sheet of Aegon NL? Do you want to have a high impact role that stretches both your analytical as well as communicate skills in the field of asset management? Join CIO Office at Aegon Netherlands and shape this role into a success!
CIO Office team is a newly formed department that is responsible for investments for the General Account of Aegon NL. CIO Office monitors the asset managers of Aegon NL, internally but also externally with a growing number of outsourced investment mandates.
The goal is to optimize the balance sheet of Aegon NL of over 50 billion to improve the return, risk and/or capital characteristics of the portfolio.
CIO Office is actively involved and responsible for the due diligence of external managers and strategies. Furthermore CIO Office is in the lead for the approval of (new) investment opportunities and to make sure these new investments are properly embedded within the Aegon organization.
These tasks requires an excellent relationship and cooperation with all the stakeholders such as Asset Managers, Capital Management, ALM & Methodology, Reporting, Legal, Tax, and Risk Management.
Monitoring the mandates and performance of the asset managers and investment portfolio is an important element. CIO Office reports on a structural basis to Management in terms of the developments of the Investment Portfolio and markets.
You will receive formal and on-the-job training to become a junior Investment Analyst:
In this role you will support the senior Investment Analyst, with the following tasks:
- Monitoring the Asset Managers & Investment Portfolio on a regular basis
- Prepare the Investment Report for internal Management
- Monitoring mandates and renewing mandate setting
- Support with the due diligence process of external managers
- Prepare the documents and presentations for the Investment Approval Process
- Responsible for the implementation of investments within the organization
- Support the development of Solvency II methodology and ALM
- Monitor market developments
As a junior Investment Analyst you have good interpersonal and good verbal and written communication skills. You are able to use initiative, as well as sound organisational and time management skills and you are eager to continually seek improvement.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- A master’s degree in the area of (Quantitative) Finance, Accounting or related;
- A strong interest in the field of investments and asset management;
- 0-5 years of experience, ideally in the field of asset management or insurance for example on the portfolio management, research or commercial side;
- Good English & Dutch skills;
- Specific Experience with strategic asset allocation, Solvency 2 an advantage;
- Good communication and analytical skills, a team player, a strong character and organizational sensitivity.
Based at Aegon’s office in The Hague, the Netherlands, this role comes with a highly competitive salary and a desirable range of benefits. Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer a wide variety of development opportunities to support you to grow both professionally and personally, including international assignment possibilities.
We offer you an exciting role within our department in which you can work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. This role gives you the chance to work with a passionate team and allows you to actively have an impact on the future of Aegon and its clients. We find personal growth and development important and therefore invest in our employees through personal development and growth possibilities.
Are you interested in joining CIO Office in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Daniel van Scherpenzeel, Talent Acquisition Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org