- Fulltime job
- Banking, Retirement & Insurance
Aon is looking for a Data Scientist with Python Programming skills for the Financial Sector!
Aon’s PathWise offers the financial sector state-of-the-art software and consulting with quants in actuarial and data science, engineering, hedging, ICT, and asset management. Global clients use our extremely fast PathWise platform based on GPU’s for pricing, valuation, forecasting, hedging, and ALM. Our stochastic economic scenario generators, asset & liability management, big data noSQL database, and strong relationship with Amazon and NVIDIA empower thousands.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our PathWise Solutions business group within Aon reinsurance solutions.
You will report directly to the Managing Director and Account Director and in your first month, you will be fully trained in PathWise in our Toronto office.
As an Aon Data Scientist you will have these job responsibilities:
- Create financial models in PathWise, focusing on reserve and capital calculations for the financial sector
- Further the development of robust processes for hedging, strategic asset allocation, scenario generator calibration, insurance company financial reporting, etc.
- Participate in the expansion of PathWise functionality as the need arises or as requested by clients
- Develop and maintain Economic Scenario Generators used in the valuation of financial assets and insurance liabilities
Client Implementation Projects
- Create Python code to handle input & output, management dashboards, and automation of model runs for e.g. movement analysis
- Provide hands-on training for PathWise users and develop standalone training reference material
- Identify shortfalls in company processes and propose improvements
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise during PathWise migrations, focusing on providing a strong initial user experience
Business Development Support
- Participate in demonstrations to potential clients
- Develop models specific to client requirements for demo’s and onboarding
- Participate in industry, academic and internal research projects
- Develop and deliver presentations on emerging issues pertaining to the insurance industry and the financial services industry
- Attend industry and client conferences to keep informed on industry changes and Python packages
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in the financial sector (as a working student) in a pricing/hedging/valuation role working with financial guarantees embedded in life insurance products
- Python programming experience
- Ambition to obtain a CFA designation or equivalent
- Derivatives knowledge
- Multiple languages (fluently) is a plus
- A challenger of the status quo - always looking for better ways
- Wanting to learn more about cloud infrastructure – you are aware of financial market developments
- A team player acting in diverse global teams
- Passionate and highly communicative, driven in the things you do
- Prepared to travel – you are globally orientated
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training (abroad), and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Our standard package includes a variable bonus, travel compensation, and 27 days of paid leave. We work in small teams and emphasis the importance of knowledge sharing with your colleagues. The salary range for this job position is € 2.500 - € 4.100 per month.
A positively advised Pre Employment Screening is required to ensure and safeguard the integrity of our employees and is part of the employment contract.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Additional information about the position and the recruitment procedure can be received via Koen Engels, Account Director: +316 3040 4982 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please upload your application letter and resume in English
Aon Corporation (www.aon.com) is a leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, human capital and management consulting, and specialty insurance underwriting. There are 50,000 employees working in Aon’s 500 offices in more than 120 countries.
Backed by broad resources, industry knowledge and technical expertise, Aon professionals help a wide range of clients develop effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions.