- Fulltime job
- Data Science
- Required language
- Dutch, English
As a Data Scientist at QuantCo in Berlin, Cologne, or Zurich, you will learn what it takes to create impact from data: identifying the right framework to translate a business question into a statistical problem; locating and combining data sources as well as transforming large datasets; running in-depth analyses; building machine learning models that automate large-scale decisions and integrating them into live business processes; and interpreting, visualizing, and communicating results to internal and external stakeholders.
Aspiring data scientists should be team players with excellent quantitative abilities and the following requirements:
- A degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, or similar fields from a leading university;
- In-depth understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts behind most common machine learning techniques and a proven interest in causal inference questions, e.g., A/B tests;
- Experience in coding and working with data using a wide range of tools and languages: Python (Pandas, XGBoost/LightGBM), R (dplyr, ggplot2), and git;
- Ability to see solutions and opportunities that others do not see;
- High level of commitment and reliability, good balance of pragmatism and perfectionism; and
- Business proficiency in English.
Bonus if you are skilled in any of the following tools and/or languages:
- Cloud infrastructure;
- Lower-level languages like C#/C++/C; and
- Conversational proficiency in German is an asset in our German and Swiss offices, but is not required.
We are looking for exceptionally motivated and highly skilled candidates for available data scientist positions. We offer a generous compensation package that includes a base salary, bonus, and stock options along with additional benefits based on location.
We leverage expertise in data science, engineering, and economics to help organizations turn data into decisions. Started by four PhDs from Harvard and Stanford, we are now about 100 professionals with extensive quantitative, engineering, and business experience.
QuantCo’s product line includes algorithmic pricing, data-driven claims management, and high-dimensional forecasting solutions. Our clients are some of the largest financial, retail, and healthcare organizations in the U.S. and Europe.
We are excited about writing code that affects millions of people and impacts billions of dollars. If you feel the same way, we look forward to hearing from you.
QuantCo does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.