- Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde UvA
- Student job
- Government services
We are looking for teaching assistants to teach in Skills & Connect that is organized parallel to the courses Mathematics 1: Calculus and Microeconomics for A.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
You will be teaching first year Bachelor students of the BSc programs in Econometrics, Actuarial Science and Business Analytics in the first two teaching periods of the first semester. You will act as a mentor for the students in your group and besides study skills you will teach basic quantitative skills – mathematics and statistics.
There are 9 skills sessions of 2 hours each, per group; 6 meetings are organized in period 1 and 3 in period 2. Based on two groups, you will get paid for 45 clock hours (=18 contact hours*2.5) which includes the contact hours and preparation of your lessons.
We are looking for second- or third year Bachelor students or Master students, with an affinity for mathematics and statistics and mentoring students, and good didactic skills.
We will offer a short but intensive training right before the start of the new academic year and already in the introduction week (the week before the teaching starts) you will meet the future students.
To apply, please send your CV, a short motivation, and a recent grade list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teach in Skills & Connect that is organized parallel to the courses Mathematics 1: Calculus and Microeconomics for AE in the first year of the BSc programs in Econometrics, Actuarial Science and Business Analytics.
- Affinity for mathematics/statistics;
- Good didactic skills;
- Second- or third year Bachelor student, or Master student.
- NIVEAU STUDENT: Bachelor & Master
- FACULTEIT: Economie en Bedrijfskunde
- SEMESTER, BLOK: Eerste semester: blok 1 & Eerste semester: blok 2
- COMPENSATIE: Geld
- SPECIFICATIE VAN DE COMPENSATIE: Conform UvA-normen
- TIJDSINVESTERING: 18 uren per week
- NAME OF RESEARCHER: dr. Joris Marée
- REAGEREN VOOR: 10 juni 2022
- Link to vacancy: here