(Junior) Investment Manager Operational Due Diligence
- Fulltime job
- Actuarial Science, Retirement & Insurance, Risk Management
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to get a deeper understanding of the pensions and insurance industry and gain more experience within Investment Management in a major corporate within Asset/Investment Management? Aegon should be your next employer!
This is what you do as a Junior Investment Manager ODD
The Junior Investment Manager ODD will work alongside the Senior Investment Manager ODD. You will be responsible for understanding the operational set-up under which the external fund managers, selected by the multimanager team, are implementing their strategy and for reviewing operational risks.
The responsibilities for the role will include:
- Conduct operational due diligence on candidate funds and managers and other investment partners, including: Management company’s business operating model, organization, alignment of interest and/or legal structure, Regulatory and compliance processes, trading, trade processing, trade reconciliation processes, IT systems & cybersecurity, management reputation risk, perform reference checks, fund valuation processes, fund administration, internal control, candidate fund’s third-party service providers;
- Conduct Client Due Diligence on candidate funds and managers and other investment partners;
- Writing operational due diligence reports;
- Review funds and managers audited financial statements and ISAE 3402, ISAE 3000 or SOC1 reports;
- Contribute to independent research in relation to ODD;;
- Provide accurate and appropriate management information to Senior Management.
Who will be your new colleagues?
The Multi Management team consists of a total of 22 people. The team is split in several sub-teams. These include subteams for listed securities, Private Markets, Real Assets,Indirect Real Estate, and Operational due Diligence (ODD).
The teams are mainly based in Groningen (with the exception of the Indirect Property team which is located in the UK) but working partly from home or other Aegon Asset Management (The Hague) locations is also possible.
We are looking to expand the ODD team with a Junior Investment Manager ODD, working alongside the Senior Investment Manager ODD manager and the team heads for listed securities and alternatives, reporting directly into the Head of Multi-Management.
This will be your future position, because you:
As Junior Investment Manager ODD, you are a dedicated team player with a hands-on mentality and result oriented. You have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. You have a practical understanding of operational due diligence and are able to show commercial awareness. You are optimistic, creative, innovative, independent and you like to challenge and to be challenged.
Plus, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business, Legal or Economics;
- Have a maximum of 0-2 years’ relevant work experience;
- Affinity with compliance and the investment world and their products;
- Sufficient written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to formulate and support a documented thesis and form opinions;
- Strong analytical research skills;
- Have an accurate, diligent working style;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
What will you be getting?
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- A monthly salary between € 2780 - € 4640 gross for 40 hours;
- In addition, you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- Good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- Excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
People are living longer, and at Aegon we are excited by the opportunities this brings. We are here for everyone who wants to make the most of their time on our planet and leave it a little better than they found it. Aegon is an integrated, diversified, international financial services group. We are here to support every stage of a long, healthy life with guidance, financial advice, and propositions. With our solutions for investment, protection, and retirement, we give people the confidence to make the right choices for their future.
To succeed in our mission, we are looking for curious, ambitious, and empathic employees who dare to speak out and finish what they start. At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives, and experiences.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your CV and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure, you can contact Adinda Janse, Talent Acquisition Manager Graduate firstname.lastname@example.org. Assessments are part of the application process. #LI-AJ1