Consultant Market Risk & ALM
- Fulltime job
- Financial services, Risk Management, Consultancy
Join the Market Risk & ALM team and help us to service key client in the financial service industry. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
A Market Risk & ALM consultant helps banks and other financial institutions in keeping the risks associated with the various market risk components of their balance sheet under control, as well as make sure that risks arising from different assets and liabilities on the balance sheet are well managed. You will work on developing or validating risk models. Besides working on assignments, consultants also support in preparing proposals and you will contribute to research and writing article
How do you do this?
- apply your skills in quantitative modelling and/or data analytics;
- advise on regulatory standards such as Solvency II and IFRS17;
- build and maintain a strong network in the financial service industry and peers in quantitative modelling;
- effectively translate technical results into impact for senior stakeholders
You will be part of a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. You will work in a team of consultants, who provide feedback and help you grow.
What's in it for you?
- You'll receive a profit-sharing bonus. On top of your fixed salary.
- Continuous professional growth. Join our development program.
- A work-from-home office setup allowance to make sure you have everything you need for an ergonomically designed workstation and internet allowance.
- Work part-time (32 hours a week) or a full-time (40-hours a week).
Be the true you
Obviously you are keen to discover and learn new things each day and at the same time you effectively communicate your complex ideas and analysis. But most importantly, be the true you. The one and only you. With your personal strengths, view of the world and unique personality.You need the following qualifications for the position of Consultant in the Market Risk & ALM team:
- a finished master degree at a Dutch University: Econometrics, Mathematics, Applied Physics, (Quantitative)Finance, Actuarial Science, or a similar study;
- living in the Netherlands and available at for 40 hours in the week.
- affinity with the financial and corporate sector, quantitative modelling, and/or programming;
- proficient in English, both verbally and in writing.
You will share your expertise with approximately 25 colleagues in the Market, ALM and Trading risk team, which is part of Financial Risk Management in Deloitte Risk Advisory. Our FRM team consists of 100 colleagues who work on quantitative problems in financial risk management for financial institutions. Many colleagues have a background in for example, econometrics, actuarial science, quantitative finance, statistics and (applied) mathematics and apply this knowledge to market, credit and actuarial risk management. The Market, ALM and Trading risk team focus within FRM mainly on modelling of market risk, modelling of behaviour and valuation challenges.
In this department, we find it important to continuously develop yourself. That's why we value innovation and personal development.
At Deloitte we work hybrid. This means that we combine working at the office, at the client, and at home.
Connect your future to Deloitte
We are curious to know more about you. To learn what makes you exceptional. Because at Deloitte, we believe that our mutual differences add value to our client’s needs. Please introduce yourself and apply for this great opportunity.